Articles for Parents and Guardians.
There are many things that worry parents and children about schools and this section of our web site will cover some of these subjects.
For the Parent:
- Choosing a childminder - Practical advice to help you choosing a childminder for your child.
- Our 10 tips on finding a good school - Quick and easy 10 point guide on finding a good school.
- Choosing a secondary school - Guide to help you choose the right secondary school for your child.
- Schools admission appeals - How the schools admission appeals system works.
- What is a school governor - What the role and responsibility of a school governer can include.
- Children and Car Seats - understanding the law that keeps your child safe in a car.
- Combating classroom dehydration - gives reasons why it is important to drink water at school and how to encourage your child to do so.
- Museum interactives - How the use of museum interactives could benefit your childs education.
- Indentifying dyslexia in children - How to spot and help your child if you think they suffer from Dyslexia
For the Students:
- Getting an apprenticeship - How to get an apprenticeship when you leave school.
For the School:
- Accounting for schools and academies - understanding your responsibilies as an academy status school.
- School Fee Schemes - The benefits for private schools to allow parents the ability to pay in installments.
We plan to add more subjects to this section of the schools-search website in the future so please come back again soon, in the meantime, if there is anything that you think would make a good subject for us to cover please let us know.